Jack Canon's American Destiny

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Never Give In To Fear by Marti MacGibbon

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock BottomNever Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom by Marti MacGibbon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Do you feel as if your views on a subject have changed by reading this text? I feel more empathy for people with addiction. I do question why anyone tries drugs. But it goes back to everyone is wired differently. What one person enjoys and loves another finds distasteful.

What lesson did you learn from the story? No one is who they seem to be at first. Even as we grow older what happened in our past is still with us. The only difference is do we allow the past to rule us or do we rule the past.

Compare two of the characters in this book. Marti – a drug addict aspiring for more in life. Someone who wants a normal life. Evan – a petty criminal aspiring for that next big hit whether it involved drugs or what he might steal.

How did you feel about the main character? From a clinical side, I see someone who is trying find that next big high. Someone that wants the ultimate high, like the first time she tried meth. From the human in me I see someone who is lost, damage, who needs help. Someone that is on the road to hell and does not care who she take with her.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment