Jack Canon's American Destiny

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review: Eyes Behind Belligerence by K.P. Kollenborn

Eyes Behind BelligerenceEyes Behind Belligerence by K.P. Kollenborn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What were the main themes of the book? I would like to say war because the book is largely focused on incidents and people around the Pearl Harbour bombing but I think the more important theme is trust.

Describe 2 different settings or locations. About halfway through the book, the author describes the sun "steadily gazing down at Manzanar." She goes on to describe the scene around here and how life was continuing. You could absolutely feel the lull she described and this was a powerful scene for me. When Meito meets Goro towards the end. This creepy, weird and happy at the same time.

Were you able to connect with the main character and why? There was more than one character and they were each conflicted in ways many of us will not know. I wasn't able to connect with them but I would love to know what the author's inspiration was at building each of her main characters.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment